Saturday 11 September 2010

Riverfire & Backpacking

Last weekend we went to Brisbane for Riverfire, it was also our first experience at the YHA "backpacking".




After a day wondering around Queen St Mall, I caught up with Gina and Emma at the YHA and we walked to the Botanical Gardens. It turned out to bay a great spot to watch the fireworks, some stages we were literally surrounded by them! The F1-11 was absolutely fantastic, it felt like you could tickle its belly if you were quick enough, so glad we got experience a dump and burn! Congratulations Brisbane you put on a wonderful show.





The YHA was great and it was awesome to see I wasn't the only "older" person there, in fact there were a few "elders" which gives me encouragement to use the YHA once I Gina has left home. The object of the YHA and backpacking is to show Gina what it is all about so she can broaden her horizons after school, as for me I think I have found a new hobby, travel!!


Below, "the gang", Gina and her besties. L-R Gina, Emma, Izzy, Nathan and Nathan's gf Rachael.






1 comment:

  1. Hi Rhonda,Just did a return trip to Uralla with my mum(after 50years).Came across your bits or info and thought i would write.
    My great grandmother was also adopted into a white family.Her name was Ada Roberts and very little else is known about her.She married into the Faulkner family of Uralla who would you believe moved to Kempsey early 1900's.It was interesting going back and i purchased as many books as possible about early settlers to Armidale/Rocky River/Uralla.i have discovered by the end of the 19th century there were only around 300 Aboriginals settled in the Uralla area.Hope to hear from you.Cheers Rhonda

    ReplyDelete